Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Day 3 of the Holiday Party



Greetings on Day 3 of our Very Merry Holiday Party.  I don't know about you, but I am having so much fun learning more about my designer friends and their holiday traditions.  Jill, I love the place mats and the snowflakes...may have to do that one here!!  

Remember to visit our featured designers today, Shelly Comisky and Wilma Sanchez and see what they have been up to during this Holiday Party.

One of my favorite memories growing up was having an Advent Calendar to track the days before Christmas...it was such a fun countdown, and we had so much fun placing the ornaments on the tree.  Now, our tree was one my mom stitched onto a large piece of fabric, there were pockets that ran on the top and bottom of the panel, and in the pockets were a scripture that was read every day, and an ornament that was cut out of old greeting cards.  You know, my parents didn't have much as I was growing up, I may know that now, but back then, I thought I was the richest kid on the block.  No worries, great memories and just simple living.  I wanted to replicate that feeling when I designed "Let Us Adore Him" a few years ago, giving the quilter an opportunity to do an Advent Calendar, celebrating the Advent Season.  It was very well received, so Henry Glass has allowed me to do another Advent collection called "The King's Arrival."  I can't wait to bring this into your homes, helping you to celebrate the greatest season of all, the arrival of Baby Jesus.  Keep an eye on our website www.thewholecountrycaboodle.com for the arrival time of this collection.  Make it one of your holiday traditions.  

Have a Very Merry day,
Leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment